Assassin's Creed Origins – PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed Origins – PlayStation 4
- Ancient Egypt, a land of majesty and intrigue, is disappearing in a ruthless fight for power and you have to unveil dark secrets and forgotten myths as you go back to the one founding moment: The Origins of the Assassin’s Brotherhood
- Sail down the Nile, uncover the mysteries of the pyramids or fight your way against dangerous ancient factions and wild beasts as you explore this gigantic and unpredictable land
- Engage into multiple quests and gripping stories as you cross paths with strong and memorable characters, from the wealthiest high-born to the most desperate outcasts
- Experience a completely new way to fight, loot and use dozens of weapons with different characteristics and rarities
- Explore deep progression mechanics and challenge your skills against unique and powerful bosses
Stunning trip to Ancient Egypt
Assassin’s Creed: Origins features a massive map set in the sunny and sandy ancient Egypt of ca. 50 BC. The greatest cities of the time, or venture beyond the safe confines of civilization and explore the map going towards a landmark you spotted on a horizon. Or you can find yourself walking in Memphis or Alexandria. The great cities are full of NPCs fulfilling their own agendas and routines, giving the locations a semblance of life rarely seen in video games. Wherever you go, the only loading screen you are going to experience will be the launch of the game itself. AC:O offers seamless exploration, maximizing your immersion in the world.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins features a non-restrictive quest system instead of discrete missions familiar to the veterans of the AC series. Pick any quest you encounter and solve them immediately, or ditch them mid-way if you find something drawing more of your immediate interest. Conduct investigations, case your targets, participate in faction conflicts. The quests of AC:O will be small stories unto themselves, painting a living world for you to take in.
Combat in Origins improves and revamps everything you’ve learned to expect from Assassin’s Creed combat. Combine quick dodges, well-timed shield parries, light, and heavy attacks in a crisp and responsive combat system based on hitboxes instead of animations. Handle groups of enemies attacking at once. Switch weapons to account for armor or lack thereof, each tool of your trade with unique traits and moves for you to use. Relying on counters will not cut it this time.AC: Origins also feature a loot system allowing you to customize your playstyle, and directing your progression with clear improvements to your combat effectiveness. Diversify your arsenal with weapons of several rarities. You can’t expect a sword to serve you well against an armored opponent now, can you?
The protagonist of AC: Origins is a man called Bayek, a Medjay hailing from the oasis known as Siwa. He gets tangled up in a conflict between Caesar, Cleopatra, and Ptolemy XIII Theos Philopator. Bayek is married to an agent of Cleopatra, Aya, and their relationship is one of the central pieces of the narrative. Among the Medjay’s allies is an eagle Senu, serving as his eyes and ears during the game, scouting out the locations and pointing out points of interest, an essential role considering AC:O has no minimap, leaving only a compass to guide you.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins features
- Stunning open world – Origins features a fully open-world environment with seamless transitions between regions to make exploration a blast
- Highly dynamic combat – dodge, parry, switch weapons, figure out how to defeats bosses and groups of enemies
- Quests, not missions – you are no longer bound to complete the mission. Drop it midway and do something, return where you feel like it
- Skills and loot – Origins introduces elements of the RPG genre by abilities to unlock with EXP and varied loot to get from enemies, environment, and shops
- Fascinating setting – the late days of Ancient Egypt are ripe with political and social strife, with massive cities like Alexandria or Memphis as the highlights
PlayStation 4 (PS4)
Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Montpellier, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Quebec